A blog of art, photography, food and writings.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

WEANING OFF WD-40 AND 3-IN-ONE

With Earth Day just hours away, green is on my mind. It seems that every magazine I flip through and each news program I listen to, tips abound on getting our earth back on track. I like to think that I'm doing my share, but there are still improvements my family and I can make--even if they're minor ones.

A few months ago I spotted an eco-friendly degreaser/lubricant/rust inhibitor at my local health food store. This week I bought it to use on a squeaky door. I've been patiently waiting for my husband to finish the WD-40 and 3-in-1, which we keep in garage, and the last time I checked, both were near their end. This was my opportunity to make the switch.

The product is called "Soy Lube" and it's made by BioKleen. This soy-based spray in a 4 oz. bottle can be used for stuck or slow-moving parts and can lubricate anything from chains to hinges. It also protects against corrosion and seals and dries out moisture.

In one quick spritz, my door hinge squeaked no more. And my husband, Bruce, gave the nod of approval.

Take a look at the product:
Buy Soy Lube

Visit Sarojni's website
Email Sarojni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home