A blog of art, photography, food and writings.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

PEANUT-WHAT???

We're on the home stretch of National Peanut Month and I have at least one more posting related to the little legume.

Last year, my father-in-law, Joe, introduced me to a mild tasting drink called Peanut Milk. He had read about it in the Los Angeles Times and immediately went on a hunt to find some; not an easy task because peanut milk is not mainstream yet.

When he offered me a taste, I just had to try this unusual milky-white beverage. I sipped, critiqued, and liked it. Richer than rice and almond milk, with a consistency similar to full fat soy milk. This drink definitely hints of peanuts, which may taste great to some--and not so great to others. Well worth a try if you're a goober fan.

According to Jack Chang, the creator, peanut milk has health enhancing properties; though I'm a bit skeptical about that since it contains sugar.

I imagine down the road we'll see more of this product in supermarkets throughout the U.S. But for now, it's only available in health food stores, general market retailers, and Asian grocery stores in Northern and Southern California.

Place of origin? KK Cafe, San Francisco, California

Here's some info on it:

Signs & Wonders® web site
Where to find Signs & Wonders® Peanut Milk


Visit Sarojni's website
Email Sarojni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home