A blog of art, photography, food and writings.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

OH, THE FRAGRANCE AND FLAVOR...

Each morning when I open the door to my backyard, I am greeted by the scent of fragrant orange blossoms. Luckily, my neighbor's tree hangs over my fence, and throughout the winter, is laden with the best oranges I've ever tasted. Now as spring is soon upon us, white flowers sit tucked into the leaves offering a delicate aroma.

There are still lots of oranges hiding deep in the foliage and high on the branches above. Guess it's time to take out the ladder...

Here's a recipe that's ready in a snap.

ORANGE SALAD
serves 3 or 4

2 oranges, peeled
few slices red onion
olive oil
salt
pepper
chopped mint

Cut oranges in half, then slice into pieces. Add a few slices of red onion. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped mint.

Visit Sarojni's website
Email Sarojni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home